Statement for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
RecommenderX celebrates equity, diversity, and inclusiveness. We embrace these pillars of excellence as crucial to the development and maintenance of healthy people and healthy communities.
RecommenderX believes that:
- Our core values are strengthened when all members have a voice and are encouraged to contribute.
- Every member of humanity has a contribution to make to the whole. It is our duty to encourage and promote that contribution.
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion are an active process that requires continuous commitment to promote healthy people, healthy communities and the overall success of present and future generations.
Our values are realised through and by:
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness among individuals and groups.
- Actively building a community whose members have diverse cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences.
- Providing effective leadership in the development, coordination, implementation and assessment of a comprehensive array of programs and services to promote diversity and understanding of differences.
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Identifying competencies that are essential to creating environments enriched with diverse views and people.
- Providing educational opportunities toward the development of socially responsible leaders who are willing to engage in the discourse and decision-making that can lead to transformational change toward learning, achievement, healthy people and healthy communities.
- Honouring freedom of expression, ideals of citizenry, and civility of discourse as fundamental to personal, professional, and organisational growth.
- Challenging and dismantling systemic oppression.
- Maintaining the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion effort to promote social justice and diversity in all company activities; address issues related, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, culture, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, national origin, veteran status, social economic class, religion, and professional status; and coordinate educational resources and opportunities for its’ employees.